Friday, February 22, 2008

Experiment

So some people are naturally prone to being happy and thinking happy silver lined thoughts. I am not one of those people. I tend to lean towards the negative/cynical side. I am trying to improve. One thing I have been trying to do is for every negative thing that pops into my head I replace it with a positive one and then find something to thank the Lord for. Example: Thought... "What if no one wants to look at my blog now that I have put all this bitter diatribe on it?"... Positive thought... "Oh well, it was fun to write and maybe it helped someone who read it." Thank the Lord... "Thank you for this computer that has internet access, thank you for the brief moment that my kids are napping at the same time so that I can do this"... etc.

If you try it leave a comment and let me know if you had a better day...

3 comments:

Hopeful in Washington said...

I love your blogs! I did read the one below it, but my computer shuts down randomly so I didn't comment.... ANyway, I do what you do to because I tend to judge people. Like why on earth are they wearing THAT? Or I can't believe she just did that to her child, but I try to remember that Heavenly Father loves this person the same as He does me, and maybe that person is really poor and can only afford to buy her kid a shirt and she had to wear it that day and that is why it is 4 sizes to small..... See? There is an explanation for all things?!

The Fifes said...

you are a great person, and your blogging IS worth it. I haven't blog-searched for a while, being out of town... I guess i just go in spurts. But don't give up! Your blogs are cute, and i'm so glad it worked out for you to get him blessed!

Dustin Currie said...

Erin, your blog is my best family news sorce, easily my favorite place on the vast interweb. I'm kind of sad that I don't get to see your kids grow up in person. I think you have persuaded me to go on vacation to Houston. thanks bunches. When it comes to positive thoughts, seeing the neices and nephew really helps me