Friday, August 8, 2008

Saving Grace

Today Charlotte smeared yogurt, applesauce, baby food, and crackers all over the table, chairs, and carpet... all at different times during the day. Gavin and Charlotte were both pretty fussy today and Emma had crying fits... twice. The AC guys came to fix the AC and they had to turn it off for a while making it steaming hot in the house. Also we had to lower the price on our house because we haven't gotten any offers. So it was a fun day. Emma had some friends over and they had a lot of fun in the sprinkler, but I forgot to take pics. Needless to say by 6pm I was a little burnt out. Then Gavin started crying AGAIN. Before I could get to him I found him and Charlotte like this...




Charlotte can be a VERY challenging kid, but when push came to shove she entertained her little brother for me... all on her own. I am glad for moments like these that remind me that the Lord loves me and everything is going to be OK.


4 comments:

The Fifes said...

Wow, we're leading parallel lives! We both get a house, and stay behind with the kids! I'm still in ut, and Dustin's in ok getting the house all ready.

The Fifes said...

and we have a walmart about a mile from our house, so i hear, and we've made friends with a couple that's in dustin's grad program, so i think we'll be okay! How about you? What do you think of your new place/environment? Are you hanging in there with the kids? I totally admire you. I have my family in town, and they're watching my son while i go and shoot weddings. I hope you're doing okay. We'll be praying for you! :)

HeatherG said...

Very cute video. I haven't ever heard Gavin laugh so much! Moments like those make it all worth it...usually. Chloe heard the laughter and came running to see what was going on.

Kristin said...

I had a similar experience with my kids last year when we first moved here. I was showering and heard Miriam crying. Before I could get to her, Luke had crawled in her crib and was entertaining her. Moments like those warm my heart and help me see the good and innocence that our children possess.